Did you know that your Internet Explorer is out of date?To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend that you upgrade to a newer version or download another web browser.
A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below. Just click on the icons to get to the download page.
Your browser will need to close to complete the installation and you will need to manually reload the site when finished
Other similar job titles you may be intertested in include:
There are no Open Vacancies that Match your Search
Please view a sample career profile in the box below
or click here to browse all open vacancies
Microbiologist Career Profile
MicrobiologistThe micro expert is an important person in the process. They are responsible for all microbiological-related activites. Working alongside the rest of the process team , they'll ensure the bacteria are healthy and stable, in order to gain maximum product yield.
Key responsibilities of the Microbiologist
Process-related microbiological oversight of a mammalian cell culture drug substance manufacture including:
- Microbiology-related technical support for biotechnology product
- Development of microbiological requirements for cleaning, sterilisation, filtration and monitoring strategies
- Operational microbiological support of environmental monitoring, clean utilities (WFI, Clean steam, process)
- Liaise and coordinate activities with analytical microbiology laboratories and contract testing labs
Qualifications / Experience
- Degree qualified, at minimum, in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or equivalent
- Ideally holds a post grad qualification which included a research based element covering Cell Culture techniques
- 2+ years relevant industry experience
Regulatory Affairs Process Engineer Quality Engineer Westmeath Quality Assurance Galway City Life Science Engineering Engineering Project Manager IT Scientific Manufacturing Engineer Regulatory Affairs Life Science IT Design Assurance Galway Medical Device Dublin Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs Specialist