|Principal R&D Automation Engineer||Kildare||Not Disclosed|
|Automation Mechanical Design Engineer||Galway||Not Disclosed|
Other Engineering Jobs
Automation Engineer Career Profile
Automation EngineerAs biotech plants manufacturing facilities are becoming more automated, the requirement for Engineers with Automation skills is always in demand. Depending on the plant, these systems could be based around Emerson's DeltaV system, Siemens PCS7 or any number of other systems. These roles require expertise within PLC and SCADA systems, together with superb IT skills.
- Maintain the Automation Systems in a validated state according to the GAMP 5 / cGMP Guidelines and local Waterford policies & procedures.
- Through effective change control procedures ensure that changes carried out on the Automation Systems do not compromise the safety, environmental or quality stance of the Waterford plant.
- Ensure that the applications software design concepts & standards are maintained during modifications & enhancements.
- Provide technical & guidance to Manufacturing, Maintenance & Facilities and other engineers working on Fill Finish Capacity Expansion.
- Identify, evaluate & implement opportunities for continuous improvement of the Automation Systems applications suite and site business processes
- Support the Project Execution through commissioning, validation and start-up phases.
- Develop & test Disaster Recovery procedures for the assigned systems/applications.
Qualifications / Experience
- Engineering degree/diploma or equivalent
- At least 10 years experience in a pharmaceutical environment. Wide ranging experience on PLC, SCADA, and/or DCS is essential.