Senior Research and Development Engineer
Life Science Recruitment are sourcing a Senior R&D Engineer to join a team in developing a portfolio of next generation medical devices. Due to the recent successes of our client, they are now expanding their team to develop further innovative solutions. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team under the leadership of a highly experienced management team in an exciting expansion phase for the company.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Develop a deep understanding of the disease state, gather user needs, and translate into technical specifications.
• Generate creative product solutions to address unmet needs.
• Develop test models for prototype performance evaluations.
• Build and test prototypes; analyse test data and interpret to identify optimal solution(s).
• Create detailed component and finished device assembly drawings/specifications.
• Identify and select product materials, assembly methods and define process settings.
• Develop and deliver project plans to performance, time and cost targets.
• Leverage and liaise with external resources to achieve project goals.
• Identify and manage of key risks throughout the product lifecycle.
• Write procedures, protocols, specifications, and reports.
• Evaluate and assess physician (user) techniques and develop product training materials.
• Develop marketing materials (presentations/videos/demos).
Skills & Qualifications
• Honours degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or equivalent.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in all stages of medical device design and development (including design with SolidWorks, prototyping, and testing) is desired.
• Strong design and technical ability based on a broad and deep knowledge of fundamental engineering principles.
• Strong work ethic, creative problem solving, capable of working on own initiative.
• Excellent writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills essential.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Simon Gillivan | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9258