Senior Project Engineer (Contract position 24 months)
Travel: 10% Domestic/15% International
A respected medical device client is looking for a Senior Project Engineer to join their team in Mayo.
The position will be based in Ballina and report into the Engineering Manager Continence Care. This role will be part of Global Engineering Project/Process team and work closely with the operations team.
The role will focus on the design and on-time delivery of high speed automated equipment sets to the operations team. The successful candidate will manage the project through equipment design, order process optimisation through to final equipment validation.
The role will also support the execution of various other engineering cost and process improvement projects.
RESPONSIBILTIES & DUTIES
• Lead manufacturing equipment delivery, testing and qualification
• Manage Equipment vendor to ensure all requirements within the User Requirements Specification are met or exceeded
• Manage / support external suppliers to develop / qualify and deliver new sub-assembly parts.
• Manage on-going review and revision of equipment / process design with input from Operations and Engineering team
• Development and management of project schedules for manufacturing equipment / process delivery and qualification.
• Management of capital & expense budgets for assigned project
• Engagement of cross functional stakeholders in critical decisions and developments
• Planning and execution of equipment validations
• Communication and review of key decisions with Value Stream Management
• Primary Degree in Engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering
• Minimum of 5 years’ post qualification experience in manufacturing environment, to include experience with development of (semi-) automated production equipment
• Proven track record in production equipment development and execution preferably within a regulated environment
Preferred Specialized skills/technical knowledge:
• GAMP 5, FMEA, PFMEA
• Track record leading machine and process design projects
• Familiarity with DOE, validation, and statistical analysis tools
• Project Management training / qualification
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Claire Kenny | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9287