Senior Process Development Engineer
Our client is ranked among the top 10 global companies in the medical device outsourcing industry. The Senior Process Engineer will be responsible for day to day engineering support of manufacturing as well as process development and improvement activities related to cost reduction, new product introductions, safety, etc. They will report directly to the Engineering Manager. This position will be based in the company’s headquarters in Galway.
• Lead engineering activity within the Manufacturing Group.
• Support and Identify the Engineering teams Training and Development requirements.
• Coach and mentor the Engineering team.
• Set Engineering Goals and Objectives that deliver results in line with the Business plan.
• Identify and develop, using Lean/6 sigma engineering, improvements to increase key process metrics of Service, Delivery, Quality and Cost
• Investigate state-of-the-art process technologies and evaluate potential competitive advantage and the cost benefit of introduction.
• Oversee and manage New Part Introduction in conjunction with the Prototyping Group.
• Manages external relationships with key technology providers.
• Manage a variable workload to meet operational requirements.
• Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
• Identifies and implements short and long term cost reduction and improvement initiatives through the adoption of Lean Manufacturing.
• Oversee Validation Activities
• Engineering degree, or equivalent qualification, with 5-10yrs experience.
• Working knowledge of six sigma and/or lean engineering principles with a proven track record in use and delivery of results would be very beneficial.
• Strong technical background and capabilities.
• Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills.
• Motivated to work on own initiative.
• Knowledge of Medical Device development/manufacture, would be very desirable.
Clodagh Nerney | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9254