Senior Medical Scientist (Clinical Biochemist)
Our Dublin based client are currently recruiting for a Clinical Biochemist to join their team on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will provide a Clinical Chemistry, Haematology and Serology service to all users and provide general support and training to Medical Scientists and student Medical Scientists.
• Perform Clinical Chemistry analysis, automated Haematology and manual differential analysis, as well as Serology analysis.
• Haematology, Clinical Chemistry and Serology quality assurance program.
• Stock control related to the AutoLab area.
• Be aware of current advances and appraise new techniques.
• Evaluate results and communicate with the Consultant Pathologist and/or the requesting clinician any relevant information regarding patient safety.
• Knowledge of ISO 15189:2012 requirements and INAB Regulations.
• Manage internal and external quality control process
• Ensure equipment is monitored to achieve the optimum instrument performance
• Review and update policies and procedures as required.
• Comply with Health and Safety legislation and be aware of the responsibilities of the employee in this context.
• Deputise for the Autolab manager as required
• MSc in Medical Laboratory-related discipline
• Possess an appropriate Bachelor of Science Honours degree in Biomedical Sciences from an approved University
• Possess the Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences of the Dublin Institute of Technology, Kevin Street or the Regional Technical College, Cork awarded prior to 1994
• Current registration or eligibility with Academy of Medical Laboratory Science
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience
• Good organization skills
• Ability to work in a team
• Ability to handle confidential material
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Customer Service oriented
• Ability to work under pressure
• Efficient and well organized
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Sinead Cullen | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9252