We’re currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity with an award-winning Medical Device organization based in Cork. This is an excellent position for anyone who is looking to join a leading multinational who are one of the best at what they do.
• Provide technical input as a metallurgy SME
• Ownership for projects in Materials Development with a focus on metals forming processes.
• Support Validation activities for special processes
• Participate in the development of long-term strategies for materials related technologies
• Conduct detailed product / process design reviews
• Perform materials characterisation and technical reports on materials analysis activities
• Implement of cost effective material-related manufacturing solutions to drive engineering efficiencies
• Conduct feasibility studies to assess new technologies or process improvements
• Implement design for manufacturability in new processes to minimise lifecycle cost
• Apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on overall risk
• Project management responsibility for Material Development projects
• Lead root cause analysis activities related to material processes
• Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
• Ensure all activities comply with GMP, ISO and quality system requirements.
• Ensure that all health, safety and environmental requirements are fulfilled.
• Participate in collaborations with R&D and academic institutions
Education & Experience
• Masters or Ph.D in Material Sciences, Engineering or similar
• Materials characterisation – advanced analytical techniques
• Statistical and problem solving expertise (Six Sigma, SE or A3)
• Surface Science Characterization Expertise (XRD, SEM, EDX etc)
If interested in this posting please feel free to contact Seán McCarthy on +353 (0)87 798 8480 or email@example.com for further information.