Our client has multiple opportunities for Junior, Mid-Level and Senior Electronic Engineers to join their highly respected medical device R&D Team in Galway. This position is responsible for developing, building and testing of electromechanical products. Furthermore the position is responsible for documenting these activities in line with the company's product and process development procedures. This role enables the successful candidate to develop their engineering skills in a market leading medical device company.
• As part of the Electronic Engineering team, working on new and existing product design projects.
• Support project teams in general activities related to ongoing product design & development.
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to write and present technical reports
• Liaise closely with the R&D, Science, Manufacturing, Operations, Quality, Sales and Marketing functions through the product development lifecycle.
• Responsible for setting up processes and systems within test laboratories
• Design electronic assemblies and printed circuit board assemblies to support electro-mechanical medical device product development and life cycle.
• Generating initial process flow, FMEA and control plans.
• Evaluate and implements designs to insure that all agency requirements (UL, IEC, FDA) are being met throughout the design process.
• Apply failure analysis skills to determine and document root cause of product system or component failure.
• Generate design specifications, test protocols, execute testing and associated test reports.
• Participate in technical design reviews to ensure electrical design integrity and safety are achieved.
• Work with cross functional teams such as mechanical, software, systems and quality engineering to contribute to project schedules and project budgets in the coordination of overall product development.
• Bachelor of Engineering in Electronic/Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar discipline
• Minimum of 6 years in an Electronic Engineering or equivalent discipline
• Experience in the Medical Device area would be an advantage
• Enjoys understanding technical problems, and finding lasting solutions.
• Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with good interpersonal skills.
• Strong presentation skills, and has an ability to portray concepts concisely.
• Knowledge of Orcad Schematic Capture & Layout would be an advantage.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Claire Kenny | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9287