Senior Control Systems Engineer (Automation)
Life Science Recruitment are exclusively sourcing a Senior Control Systems Engineer based in Sligo. The ideal candidate will have minimum NFQ Level 9 Masters Degree OR Post Graduate Diploma in a relevant technical discipline.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Provision of technical support to all control system related issues. Tasks include daily troubleshooting, optimisation and documentation control.
• Leadership of control system validation activities during project start-up.
• Life cycle management of the onsite control systems to GAMP-5 requirements.
• Project management of control system elements of continuous improvement projects while working closely with process engineers/technical support chemists in the delivery of CIP’s.
• Project management and technical development of future integrations of control systems with planned MIS and ERP systems.
• Departmental budgeting as delegated by the automation and BTS manager.
• Adheres to and supports all HSE&E standards, procedures and policies.
• Define proposals for long term plans for control system maintenance and improvements for management.
Skills & Qualifications
• NFQ Level 9 Masters Degree or Post Graduate Diploma in a relevant technical discipline.
• 6+ years’ experience in process automation with relevant experience in batch processing and DCS platforms in a GMP environment in the pharmaceutical industry.
• 6+ years’ experience of the 21 CFR Part 11 and EU Annex 11 requirements for automated systems in the pharmaceutical industry.
• 6+ years’ experience of plant start-ups and/or new product introductions to pharmaceutical facilities. Demonstrable experience in leading these activities in a start-up environment.
• Strong knowledge and experience of configuring and troubleshooting complex equipment control systems including PLC, SCADA/HMI systems.
• Knowledge and experience of control system networks e.g. Profibus, Modbus or CANBus.
• Knowledge and experience of ethernet based networks and network architecture models.
• Knowledge and experience of interfacing systems with plant historians such as OSI-PI using OPC interfaces.
• Knowledge and experience the life cycle management of control systems including backup, recovery, user access controls, configuration management and change management.
• Knowledge and experience of windows operating system administration.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Simon Gillivan | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9258