SENIOR ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Our client, a leading medical device company present an exciting opportunity to join a highly motivated team in developing key technology to enable the evolution of new surgical techniques in electrosurgery.
The successful candidate will work with a multi-disciplined team at the client site in Cork and focus on establishing the needs of customers while designing and bringing innovative solutions for electrosurgery applications to market. The clients Innovation Centre, which features unique design and collaboration workspaces, state-of-the-art prototyping and test facilities, and a simulated operating room, is the first of its kind in Ireland. The centre focuses on the development of new technologies and products to improve patient safety and outcomes during surgery, and increase operating room efficiency across multiple surgical specialties including neuro, spine, ENT and orthopaedic surgery.
The successful candidate will design, develop, refine and evaluate electro-mechanical components, assemblies or subsystems for electro-mechanical medical devices and implants. You will use concurrent engineering and rapid prototyping techniques to reduce product time to market whilst adhering to project deadlines and product costs. You will plan and execute successful product development projects, occasionally leading and training team members on technical aspects of product commercialization.
• Development of medical devices from concept to commercialisation.
• Work with internal and external design teams to invent and create smart, innovative solutions to healthcare problems and mechanical/electrical design challenges.
• Conducts research in problem areas of considerable scope and complexity.
• Evaluate and optimize concepts for mechanical function and manufacturability. Develop product designs and create prototypes from customer concepts and/or specs to test and validate ideas.
• Will determine and implement design approaches and parameters and conduct feasibility studies on new designs. Will analyze equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests and evaluate the results. Lead and/or participate in design review meetings.
• You will lead and contribute significantly in efforts to identify, determine product requirements, generate production drawings for parts and assemblies and develop and manage full product design documentation.
• Will select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements. Work with advanced quality engineers to develop component specific testing and inspection protocols.
• Communicate with process development and manufacturing engineering to resolve technical challenges and optimize design for manufacturability and efficiency. Will ensure designs are cost efficient, manufacturable and reliable.
• Liaison with supply chain personnel for the specification and sourcing of raw materials
• This position is accountable for achieving product performance and quality objectives, project planning and effective execution, as well as communicating project status and escalating issues when appropriate.
• Independently determines and develops approach to resolving end customers product related issues, through problem solving and troubleshooting product design, and product training
Experience and Skills Required:
• Bachelor of Engineering/Science with 2 or more years of experiences or Master of Eng/Science.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
• Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks using independent judgement in a fast paced environment.
• Capable of working as part of a multi-disciplined team.
• Good instincts and sound judgment for design
• Use of creativity tools for idea and concept generation.
• Good understanding of statistical tools and validation/verification techniques.
• Knowledge of project Management tools is essential
• Sound knowledge of CAM/CAE computer systems, engineering materials and design, coating technologies, plastic part design and manufacturing technologies.
• Must have the ability to work with and assemble small objects and component parts.
• Willingness to travel internationally for live surgery visits and global partner collaboration, and work on international assignments.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Claire Kenny | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9287