We’re currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity with an award-winning pharmaceutical organization based in Cork. This is an excellent position for anyone who is looking to join a leading multinational who are one of the best at what they do.
This position is responsible for carrying out tasks and projects related to
equipment, lab utilities and testing procedures as required by Good
Manufacturing Practice (GMP). Partners with other Departments to ensure
that all QC testing activities are completed in an efficient manner.
4-cycle shift (initially person may be on days for a no. of weeks to allow for training to be completed)
• Achieves competency in laboratory methods and procedures.
• Trains other QC analysts in laboratory methods and procedures
• Performs analytical testing activities in relation to method
validation and technical transfer activities to ensure that all
methods meet ICH, USP and EP guidelines.
• Executes validation, operation, maintenance, calibration and
troubleshooting of equipment and its associated software.
• Writes, executes, reports and reviews IQ/OQ and PQ protocols to
ensure that all relevant equipment is qualified for cGMP use.
• Performs routine and non-routine analytical testing activities.
• Review and approval (where appropriate) of laboratory test
• Ensures that testing and results approval are completed within
agreed turnaround times.
• Writes and reviews laboratory TMs, SOPs and WIs as directed by
• Ensures QC activities are carried out in compliance with product
license commitments, cGMP and company quality standards.
• Is an active member of the QC group and provide assistance with
other group activities as required and communicates relevant
issues to the QC Team Leader and Manager.
• Deals with non-conformances/ deviations in an accurate and
• Deputizes for the QC Team Leader as appropriate.
• Maintains and develops knowledge of analytical technology as well as cGMP standards.
• In process control testing and activities to support the production
Education & Experience
• A third level qualification of a scientific/technical discipline is
• Knowledgeable of FDA/EMEA regulatory requirements applicable
to biologics and/or pharmaceuticals.
•1-2 years industry GMP/GLP experience required
•1-2 years experience using HPLC in GMP/GLP environment required