A world leading healthcare organisation is currently seeking a Buyer/Planner to join their manufacturing facility in Limerick. The primary responsibility of the Planner/Buyer is to ensure continuity of supply of materials for production and/or production planning for the facility. This position is responsible for managing material inventory levels and/or the production planning of finished goods according to customer demands and company objectives. The position will also advise management and cross-functional team members of the current and future status of material and product supply related information for existing and new products.
• Execution as Back-up for a Core Planning Area
• Planning of finished goods for sales warehouses and distribution centres to meet sales and distribution demand.
• Raw Material availability; working closely with suppliers to deliver materials as plan and follow agreed criteria, i.e. MOQ, Remaining shelf-life.
• Execution and development of reports to keep service management aware of potential trends, shortages, back orders, and status of service as required.
• Accountability for system accuracy for key planning parameters and bill-of-materials.
• Reviewing and analysing stock control records and information such as consumption rate, characteristics of items in storage, and current market conditions and recommends replenishment plan
• Recommending improvement to inventory system where errors could affect the replenishment systems, financial position, credibility, or overall operation
• Auditing warehouse locations especially problem inbound/outbound staging locations
• Preparing special reports, statistics and graphs used to analyse data
• Providing information and assistance on inventory policies and/or procedures.
• Supporting New Product Launch teams for the timely implementation of new products.
• A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, a focus in Supply Chain Management, Engineering or Logistics is preferred
• A minimum of four (4) years of supply chain operations including (logistics, planning, forecasting, distribution, warehouse and procurement) experience is required
• Inventory management experience is preferred
• Intermediate proficiency in MS Excel is required (i.e. creating Pivot Tables and V-lookups), advanced ability is preferred
• Strong analytical and data-driven decision-making skills are required
• Experience with ERP system is required.
• APICS certification is preferred
• Interacts and collaborates well with the team; persuading and influencing others,
• Working in fast-paced environment, Flexible and prioritizes actions, Communicate across functions/levels
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Paula O'Reilly | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9265