Our client is a well-established Pharmaceutical organisation, based in Dublin. Managing a team of 10+ people across the Ireland of Ireland, the successful person in this role will be responsible for planning, implementing and controlling both strategic and tactical business plans. They will take an enthusiastic lead role in establishing and accelerating the future growth of our clients’ product portfolio. A driven and motivational individual, they will be comfortable in liaising and influencing Key Opinion Leaders and other senior level stakeholders, whilst leading the sales team to proactively target competitive opportunities in order to deliver growth in market share. The National Sales Manager is expected to spend between 60 and 75% of their time in the Field.
• Responsible for direct management of agreed territories
• Participate in the design of sales and marketing policies, plans and procedures that will secure maximum profitable sales volume for the business.
• Communicate the Business Strategy to your team and ensure each individual is aware how their role contributes to the overall success of the business
• Monitor Sales in the territory and ensure team have robust business plans in place to protect current revenue and take advantage of growth opportunities
• Establish and execute Quarterly Reviews of Business Plans providing guidance and support to the team as required
• Ensure compliance with agreed Sales Cycles – Priority products, bonus products, new product launches etc
• Ensure the Director is fully informed on the conditions of business and market through regular reporting providing recommendations for action as warranted
• Motivate the team and plan the use of resources in medium and long term in order to achieve sales targets
• Responsible for the appointment, promotion and guidance of personnel within his/her responsibility
• Ensure the team reach the Essential level of Knowledge, Skills and Competency for their role providing and arranging coaching, mentoring and training where needed
• Manage your team through the Performance and Development Management Process ensuring all milestones and timelines are achieved and appropriate performance and potential ratings are assigned to individuals
• Establish performance (e.g. Sales Targets) and behavioural expectations (e.g. Planning and Organisation) for member of their team in line with the Values, Business Strategy, Role Responsibilities and Competencies
• Through Field Visits and 1:1 meetings, continually appraise the effectiveness of individual performance and be an effective listener
• Responsible for providing additional focus on key accounts as the situation dictates and as directed by the Director
• Recommend to the Director: Pricing of tenders taking into consideration market intelligence information; Plans for product and product line revision; New product introductions and product launches; Recommend promotion and advertising programs; participation in any congress/conferences.
• Monitor your team’s compliance with CRM milestones and timelines to ensure that our CRM system is an accurate and useful database for our client in managing and maintaining effective customer relations and account management
• To be fully aware of market trends, competitor environment and make strategic recommendations
• Compile and prepare sales statistics and market information, analyse the information and submit recommendations to Directors for assessment and decision making.
• Review and discuss territory data regularly with the team (e.g. IMS).
• Work with the Marketing Team to ensure all field force marketing needs are met.
• Establish and keep in close contact with our clients marketing staff in regard to business strategy, product knowledge and technical questions
• University degree qualification or equivalent in a related field - essential
• Masters of professional qualification – desirable
• Holder of a current full, clean driving license
• Experience in Hospital, Pharmacy & Retail Sales management
• 5+ years people management experience
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Karen Shiel | Tel: +353 (0) 1 5079256