Medical Manager Haematology Oncology
Our client is a leading Global Pharmaceutical organistaion who are currently recruiting a high performing Medical Manager specialising in Haematology and Oncology as part of their Medical Affairs team. The successful person shall be responsible for this dedicated therapeutic area; pipeline/existing portfolio products and/or involvement with other key strategic brand or cross-brand initiatives.
• Support the Medical Leadership in implementing medical strategy applicable to assigned therapeutic area (Hematology & Oncology).
• Develop and deliver an annual medical clinical plan in line with the strategic Therapeutic Area business plan.
• Provide ongoing and up to date technical and scientific direction and training to the sales force, Brand and in-field team Members and any other relevant stakeholders.
• Support clinical trials (Investigator Initiated Studies, Multi-Country Studies and Post Marketing Observational Studies) as required, and evaluate academic trials/protocols for scientific interest and feasibility. Where required, collaborate with and support our clinical operations colleagues to ensure accurate and appropriate completion of country feasibility questionnaires for pipe-line and development studies.
• Review and approve promotional and training materials, in compliance with the IPHA Code of marketing practice and the relevant legislation.
• In collaboration with the Brand Team create and drive the delivery of clinical education and other scientific strategic initiatives which enhance and improve scientific knowledge and awareness amongst external stakeholders. Develop strong relationships with key haematology experts to understand unmet educational and research needs in the area and ensure alignment.
• Where required and appropriate, conduct Advisory Boards with key experts on medical/scientific topics of interest within Haematology.
• Work in compliance with and act as an ambassador for company policies and procedures, meeting all: medical affairs, regulatory, quality, training and business requirements.
• Assist in developing strong relationships with key external customers including Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s) in assigned therapeutic area(s). Expectation of high in-field engagement with relevant stakeholders (approx. 40%).
• Author and deliver scientific presentations to internal and external stakeholders as appropriate.
• Keep abreast of relevant emerging scientific/medical data within the literature and deliver pertinent clear messages to the commercial team/other internal stakeholders. Act as internal expert on therapeutic area and provide scientific leadership to commercial team.
• Provide responses to medical and technical information enquiries related to assigned therapeutic area when necessary.
• Assist in the reporting of AEs/medical device complaints in the absence of the PV colleagues/compliance manager.
• Foster appropriate open communication and exchange with sales team through positive team interactions.
• Willingness to travel to national and international meetings.
• Willingness to demonstrate flexibility in acquiring additional responsibilities/tasks as dictated by the business needs/line managers
• Masters degree or higher, preferably a PhD in relevant science discipline.
• Minimum 3-5 years industry experience, preferably in a medical affairs role.
• Experience in Haematology essential.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Ability to innovate in a dynamic commercial environment.
• Excellent proven inter-personal and communication skills in a cross-functional working environment.
• 60% office based – 40% field.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Sinead Cullen | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9252