|Fluent Norwegian Medical Information Analyst||Cork||Not Disclosed|
Other Medical Affairs Jobs
|Regulatory Affairs Associate||Westmeath||Not Disclosed|
|Quality Management Systems Specialist||Dublin||Not Disclosed|
Medical Information Associate Career Profile
Medical Information Officer (MIO)The Medical Information Officer (MIO) provides up-to-date and relevant medical, technical and pharmaceutical information on the company's marketed, discontinued or pipeline products to internal and external customers. Communication skills, both written and verbal are highly sought after with important relationships being built with external customers and internally with other colleagues in Medical Affairs, including medical advisors, medical and scientific liaisons, pharmacovigilance and outside the department in sales and marketing.
Typically the Medical Information Officer will have a degree in Pharmacology or another Life Science area as excellent knowledge of Medical Terminology is essential with 2-3 years experience in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industries. Good communication skills are essential.
Key Responsibilities of the Medical Information Officer
- Responding to technical / medical questions from healthcare professionals and internal customers
- Retrieving, evaluating and presenting high quality information using in-house and external sources
- Developing specific expertise for allocated specialist products
- Maintaining departmental databases and standard responses
- Handling adverse event appropriately
- Database searching for clinical papers
- Approving promotional documentation in accordance with IPHA Code of Conduct