We’re currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity with an award winning Medical Device organization based in Cork. This is an excellent position for anyone who is looking to join a leading multinational who are one of the best at what they do.
This is a technical role in in the Cluster Material Development group. Collaborating with global functions including R&D, Engineering and Operations. The position will be responsible for identifying and supporting strategic materials related engineering projects ensuring optimum process capability and design for manufacturability in the development and validation of new processes.
• Technical leadership in the execution of new product development projects
• Lead the introduction of end to end additive manufacturing processes
• Generate procedures to implement new manufacturing processes
• Act as SME for specific process steps
• Provide technical input to Risk assessments
• Conduct detailed product / process design reviews
• Perform materials charactiersation and technical reports on materials/process analysis activities
• Lead Feasibility and Cost improvement projects in the materials development group
• Implement of cost effective material-related manufacturing solutions to drive engineering efficiencies
• Conduct feasibility studies to assess new technologies or process improvements
• Implement design for manufacturability in new processes to minimise lifecycle cost
• Apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on overall risk
• Project management responsibility for Material Development projects
• Support root cause analysis activities related to material processes
• Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
• Ensure all activities comply with GMP, ISO and quality system requirements.
• Ensure that all health, safety and environmental requirements are fulfilled.
• Participate in collaborations with R&D and academic institutions
Education & Experience
• BSc in Mechanical, Biomedical or Materials Engineering or Science and experience within medical device or similar industry
• Project management experience
• Experience in additive manufacturing
• Extensive statistical and problem solving engineering expertise (Six Sigma, SE or A3)
• Surface Science Characterization Expertise (XRD, SEM, EDX etc)
• Previous experience in New Product Introduction
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Sean McCarthy | Tel: +353 (0) 87 798 8480