Health & Safety Manager (Manufacturing)
Our client, a highly respected medical device manufacturer are recruiting a Health & Safety Manager for their South Dublin plant, to provide full assistance and professional expertise to ensure the client meets its legal requirements when implementing safe work practices. As the H&S Manager, you will play an active role in driving a positive and proactive Health and Safety environment.
We are looking for a Health and Safety Manager to cover our large medical device manufacturing plant.
You will work with the Engineering and Manufacturing management team to develop, implement and maintain Health and Safety (H&S) practices, programmes and initiatives, which will contribute to driving a Health & Safety culture change.
The right person will co-ordinate the identification of workplace hazards and assessment of risks and advise management on appropriate control measures to eliminate, minimise or control these hazards.
Liaising with other departments on purchases of equipment, articles and substances and with others as needed to ensure appropriate Health & Safety standards are maintained. You will actively participate in designing and delivering the Company H&S training programme in conjunction with HR and training advisors.
The Health and Safety Manager will oversee all H&S accident/incident investigations and follow-up on close out of corrective actions while working closely with those responsible for Emergency Procedures and with training providers of for Emergency Response Teams, to ensure the prevention of fire and the safe evacuation of employees in emergency situations.
• The successful candidate will be educated to degree level and/or equivalent experience in a regulated manufacturing environment. You will be a self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem-solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• You will have excellent communication skills and project influence to associates at all levels in the organisation. You have the ability to interpret relevant legislation on behalf of the company. You will have excellent presentation skills and be proficient with MS Office.
• You will ideally have 3-5 years’ experience in Health and Safety, within a regulated environment. With a proven track record of success as an H&S Engineer in a large Medical Device (or related industry) manufacturing facility is essential.
• Excellent communication, presentation and training skills.
• Ability to engage and influence others regardless of role/level within the organisation.
• High level of PC skills required. The successful candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint packages.
• Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
You can look forward to a rewarding career with a great benefits package including excellent pension bonuses, family healthcare and more. You can enjoy collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Claire Kenny | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9287