Our client, one of the largest multinational company based in Ireland is recruiting for Shift Engineering Technician. The successful candidate will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, overhaul, adjustment and modification of all plant and production equipment, as well as the fabrication of new and replacement equipment. The Engineering Technician will also be involved in trouble shooting and continuous improvement initiatives
• To install, modify and maintain the full range of production equipment.
• To continuously improve the production operations. This includes:
a. Specifically fine tuning production equipment to increase output.
b. Reducing downtime and reducing waste.
c. To maintain production lines at optimal performance.
d. To work to the highest engineering standards.
• To assist in the complete validation of new and existing equipment including ac-ceptance trials, debugging etc.
• To deal/liaise with vendors, suppliers and local engineering shops.
• To become involved in analysing customer complaints and internal quality issues and assist in drawing up improvement programmes for equipment to eliminate these de-fects being produced.
• To maintain appropriate recording and reporting systems on all engineering related matters (e.g., breakdowns, maintenance etc.)
• Full utilisation of all current and new IT/processing systems e.g., SAP
• Good knowledge of the Mechanical and Electronic Systems associated with high vol-ume manufacturing equipment
• Third Level Qualification in one of those disciplines or the National Craft Certificate together with additional specialized training and experience.
• Relevant industrial experience working in a high volume manufacturing environ-ment.
• The ability to apply a scientific approach to problem solving, blending analytical and experimental skills to maximise productivity and yields.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Jannet Diana | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9255