This successful medical device company are seeking an EHS Officer to join their EHS team in the northeast of Ireland. They are well established in the market, offering employees great packages and working conditions. Based at their technologically advanced manufacturing facility, the products you will be supporting, ensure the health of millions of people each year across the globe.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Assist in monitoring Occupational Health & Safety Legislation and developments to keep the organisation up to date;
• Assist in driving site Health and Safety meetings and follow through on assigned actions for completion where required;
• Drive incident investigations assisting Area Managers in effective Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and implementing appropriate corrective actions, tracking to a close;
• Review and update incident management database to ensure all relevant information is available and compile reports for trends and items outstanding;
• Help creating Health and Safety procedures, review and update existing ones and assist in their roll out to staff;
• Assist the site in preparing for audits including Local Authority and Corporate.
• You will conduct regular announced and unannounced Workplace Health and Safety Inspections to ensure that all departments are complying with the terms of the Safety Statement, Legislation and Corporate Requirements. Maintain records and assist the appropriate Manager in planning corrective action.
Experience and Qualification Required:
• The successful candidate will have around 1 to 3 years medical devices or manufacturing experience in an EHS environment.
• You will continuously promote an advanced Health and Safety Culture among Management and Associates. Facilitate risk assessments with Area Managers, ensure existing risk assessments are reviewed and updated as required.
• You should ideally have a degree or diploma in Occupational health & Safety or experience in relevant area.
• Understanding on developing training material, coordinate, monitor gaps and deliver training sessions would be a distinct advantage. You will conduct Safety Walks and assist Leadership in carrying out Safety Walks.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Kevin Silke | Tel: +353 (0) 1 507 9255
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY BY CLICKING HERE
In accordance with our data protection policies, your details will be kept confidential and will not be passed to a third party without your express prior consent.
Twitter | Linkedin
Science Recruitment | Scientific Jobs
Pharmaceutical Jobs | Medical Device Jobs | Clinical Research Jobs | Biotechnology Jobs