|Clinical Biostatistician||Galway||Not Disclosed|
Other Clinical Research Jobs
|Medical Device Project Manager- Remote||Westmeath||Not Disclosed|
|Clinical Project Manager Medical Devices||Cork||Not Disclosed|
|Project Co-ordinator||Cork||Not Disclosed|
Biostatistician Career Profile
Biostatistician JobsBiostatisticians are mathematics and statistics professionals who study the epidemiology and prevalence of diseases. They assist in the design of clinical research studies and assist other health professionals such as doctors and epidemiologists analyze the results of the studies.
Biostatisticians work with mathematical and statistical formulae to analyze the results of clinical trials and advise other researchers about how to use statistics to design and analyze new studies.
- Direct development of data collection methods and co-ordinate customized electronic database transmissions
- Develop statistical analysis plans for simple to complex studies including table shells and, when appropriate, other programming plans
- Direct and oversee the execution of planned statistical analysis and summarization for simple to complex studies (including tables, figures and data listings) independently
- Write statistical methods and results sections of reports
- Review draft reports for consistency and completeness
- Effectively communicate with colleagues regarding timelines, deliverables, and commitments
- Communicate effectively with senior statisticians and clinicians within the team
- Perform general statistical analysis programming
Qualifications / Experience Required
- Generally biostatisticians will have either (a) a PhD in Statistics / Maths and some industry experience (1 + Years) or a Masters degree in Maths / Statistics and significant industry (5 Years) experience.
- Proficiency in SAS programming