Automation Engineer – US+Sponsorship
Our client is a Boston-based consultancy who are seeking experienced Engineers for a unique opportunity. Sponsorship* + relocation is offered. They are seeking someone who is technically-able while being customer-focused, ambitious and a superb communicator.
*Processing takes ca. 8-10 weeks.
Due to their growing client base in the Boston area our client are seeking, a motivated Instrumentation & Controls Automation Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to become our clients onsite account representative with an attractive remuneration package on offer.
This person will be a key player in the design, implementation, commissioning, trouble-shooting, and continuous improvement phases of a controls hardware and instrumentation migration project for biopharmaceutical production and development facilities. As part of our team, the candidate will be asked to interface with clients, consultants, design staff and other design disciplines to understand their process, instrumentation, hardware and controls requirements and produce deliverables associated with the migration of the GMP Automation platform.
The successful candidate will join a strong project team of motivated individuals and contribute to the successful completion of instrumentation and controls (I&C) implementation projects for our clients.
• Participate in site investigations to gather information about the client’s existing systems, equipment and instruments to develop project plans and cost estimates to proactively migrate to a new platform.
• The candidate will assist in all stages of the engineering project lifecycle from conceptual design, detailed design, specification, implementation, commissioning, trouble-shooting, and continuous improvement of automation and instrumentation for biopharmaceutical production and supporting utility systems. This will include estimating resource requirements for projects and tactical support issues and identifying project constraints.
• Provide Instrumentation and Controls Engineering services for all startup and commissioning aspects of the project and specify I&C requirements for complex Process and Mechanical systems required in semiconductor and pharmaceutical facilities.
• Interface with I&C, Process, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineers/designers, construction supervisors, and vendors.
• Identifies potential problems and provides effective solutions in reaction to application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, or processes.
• Facilitate coordination meetings with the Process, Mechanical, and Electrical project team members to ensure the identification, design and integration of all control system and automation strategies.
• Strong ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Controls support experience should include:
• Experience with the I&C design and P&ID development
• Experience selecting instrumentation based on process applications
• Experience developing/designing control panels using DeltaV , Honeywell /PLC/DCS hardware systems
• Experience developing/designing Control System Architectures
• Experience developing sequence of operations and test procedure’s
• System IQ,OQ,PQ and FAT
• System migration from different control platforms.
• Networking experience: Devicenet, Profibus(DP&PA), Modbus, Foundation Fieldbus
• Hardware installation management and hands on start up support
• Degree in Engineering, Science or related technological field and 5-7 years of relevant GMP work experience.
• Direct experience with regulated environments (i.e. cGMP, OSHA, EPA).
• Demonstrated knowledge of bus technologies, PLC and Instrumentation
• Demonstrated knowledge of validation requirements for control systems in CGMP and/or ASTM environments
• Strong preference for training certificate (Rockwell, or Siemens, or Emerson DeltaV), with 3-5 years relevant work experience
• Experienced in establishment of safe practices in a CGMP environment.
• Proficient working with computer programs/applications such as Windows XP, Windows 7, VBA, MS Word, Excel, Access, etc.
Contact Brian Christensen on 01 6854747 or submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration
If you would like further Information you can contact the recruiter directly:
Brian Christensen | Tel: +353 (0) 1 685 4747